Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Criterions!

First of all, I hope all you lovely people out there had great holiday fun, whatever it may have been!

Today, I'm talking about my Christmas excitement, complete with a brand new concert ukulele! IT'S TOO GOOOOOOOD!!


Ain't it pretty?

But I'm here today to talk about movies. Christmas movies, in that... they were movies I got for Christmas. They're not about Christmas or... nevermind. I'm very excited to crack into these, and I'd like to get opinions or recommendations! I'm breakin' these down into sections. Here we go!

CRITERIONS

Modern Times - One of my favorites that was just released on Criterion. Can't wait to take a look!

Onibaba - Another one of my favorites! Oh, how I've missed it! I need to give it a re-watch soon!

Videodrome - This is the first Criterion in my possession that's replacing another edition of this movie. Very excited, because (what a shock), it's another one of my favorites!

Ace in the Hole - Yeah. We can just assume that this and the next one are favorites of mine, so... yeah.

Peeping Tom - It's been said. Next!

The Man Who Fell To Earth - OH MY GOD! Finally, a movie I haven't seen yet! I'm really, really excited for this one! I've been waiting for a year to see this! AND NOW IT'S IN MY GRASP!

My Dinner With Andre - I also haven't seen this one, but I'm quite looking forward to it.

NOT CRITERION, BUT STILL AWESOME

The Apartment - Great Billy Wilder flick. A must see.

Die Hard - Would you believe it? I haven't seen this movie. I guess it's a good one to whip out during the holiday season...

Alien AND Aliens - Two of my favorite action/sci-fi/horror movies ever. Too good!

The Conversation - I've seen bits and pieces of this one. Definitely want to check it out soon!

Twin Peaks - OK, so this is a TV show, but it's been recommended to me a lot, AND it's created by David Lynch. Sounds awesome to me!

ANIMATION

Animaniacs, Vol. 1, 2, 3 - Excuse me everyone. I've got a date with my childhood.

Lupin the Third: The Castle of Cagliostro - I've never seen this one, but being a Miyazaki fan, I really want to. It looks different, but cool!

And now, we enter a new realm for Luke Mochrie, and that is the realm of...

BLU-RAY

(The Complete) Metropolis - I need to give this one a re-watch. Especially now that it's got 25 restored minutes! Woo!

House (Hausu) - I fucking love this movie. I've been waiting so long to own this movie. I'm going to watch this movie. Then, I'm going to love this movie some more.

Batman Returns - Haven't seen it since I was a youngin'. Really wanna check it out again. Gotta watch Batman AND Batman Returns. DOUBLE FEATURE BABY!

Anyway, that's my new DVD/Blu-Ray collection of the season! I'm very happy, and I can't wait to get started on these bad boys!

3 comments:

The Window Keeper said...

Twin Peaks is awesome. It's both one of the scariest and funniest shows I've ever watched.

STICKSHAKA said...

Many movies mentioned give me the feeling of damn I should get around to watch them.

Ah I saw Twin Peaks back in the day & I've got 2 words for you "cherry pie" (& I don't mean the song).

Also when viewing bear in mind it was made long before the crime shows of the 2000's. So the notion of "if they just DNA test the town they'll find the killer" won't apply.

Ryan Howse said...

What a coincidence. I got all three Animaniacs boxsets for Christmas, too. I've yet to watch all the discs. I feel I'm subsconsciously prolonging it in the hopes of the fourth boxset being released and my childhood not completely collapsing by the end of boxset number three.

Anyway, this comment is actually rife with ulterior motive.

I was wondering if you currently have a copyeditor for your blog, and if not, whether you would be interested in one. I would be happy to copyedit any blog entries prior to each posting in exchange for a credit somewhere on The Stuff of Luke Mochrie (sidebar, header, or footer -- wherever suits) as "copyeditor".

I could not find an e-mail address to which I could send this message, so I apologize for having to send you a comment as long-winded to which this one surely has become.

Please let me know if this is something of interest to you. I'll check back at this post to see if there was any comment with a yay or nay.

Thanks.

- Chels